Thursday, 5 November 2015

Autumn/Winter Favourites


Autumn is, without a doubt, my favourite season of the year. I love the changing of the leaves, the fact there's crisp days without being too cold, you have the perfect excuse to get snug in front of the fire and so much more! Of course, as we come into the colder months, our whole routines get an overhaul and this is no exception when it comes to all things beauty.

As the temperature has been dropping in the UK, I've found myself reaching for thicker, more hydrating products to compensate. One product I've been carrying with me every day is the Nivea Lip Butter in Original. I'm quite fussy when it comes to lip balms and butters; I don't like anything that leaves my lips feeling greasy, as these tend to cause breakouts around my mouth. Nivea Lip Butters are the only ones I've found so far that don't cause my skin to breakout and have the perfect amount of hydration to keep my lips supple and soft. I always apply this before I go to bed, I find if I don't my lips are very sore the next day. Nivea Lip Butters come in a range of scents but I find Original works best for me.

The next skincare type product I have been using more often than not is the Soap & Glory Hand Food. I think everyone and their Mum has used Soap & Glory and if you haven't used this hand cream, you're missing out. Hand Food is a brilliant hand cream, it's very thick and hydrating - although I've read that some people find it takes too long to absorb and leaves their hands feeling greasy but I haven't had any problems. I've had this little tube for ages as a little goes a long way. Keep in mind, though, if you're not keen on scents, this has Soap & Glory's original scent but you can get it in a few variations.


I've been using Avon Planet Spa Volcanic Iceland Body Oil to keep my body nicely hydrated for a few months now. I started using this on my belly once my baby bump got a little bigger and could really feel the benefit and, since then, I've started applying this all over. I'm sure I'm probably applying it wrong, as I'm doing it while in the shower and just massaging in it but I do also apply a dry oil spray again, once I'm out of the shower. Alongside the body oil, I've been using the Avon Planet Spa Body Brush to ensure that I'm exfoliating and getting rid of any dead skin cells, so that my skin can get the full nourishment from the body oil. I'd recommend both, if you're wanting to keep your skin happily hydrated this Autumn/Winter.

Another product from Avon, for my only makeup favourite so far, is Avon Magic Effects Molten Metal polish in Graphite. It's a brilliant, textured polish which is dark vampy grey-almost-black and perfect for these darker nights. It's also great to use on your ring fingers as a 'statement nail' or to use as a gradient from another colour.

And, of course, this wouldn't be an Autumn/Winter favourites without a Yankee Candle being included! Cinnamon Stick is one that I know a lot of people love at this time of the year because it's just Christmas in a candle but I like to burn this all year round, as cinnamon is one of, if not my favourite, scent. I've been burning this in my bedroom for the last week or two (to Rob's absolute horror as he hates the smell of it) and I haven't had to burn it in a few days as the smell lingers wonderfully. I burn this for hours and hours at a time, so always buy a large jar to make sure it lasts me.

What do you love to use at this time of the year? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading,

Rachael

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment