Sunday, 1 November 2015

Gone Girl Review

Hi guys! I hope you're all well. One thing you'll soon learn about me, is that I love reading. I can't think of anything that is better than getting lost in a good book, blog or article. I especially love fiction though. Getting lost in a world different to this - or just different to my everyday life - is an amazing thing! 

So, I thought why not blog about books I love and maybe don't? and here we are! I had wondered for a while which book to start with for this little series and decided on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn as it's the book I have most recently finished and one that will probably stick in my head for a while.


Gone Girl is probably a name you're familiar with after it was turned into a film starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike and it was this hype surrounding the film that made me want to read the book. I still haven't watched the film (let me know if you've seen it and tell me what you think!), as I love prefer reading an original piece first before seeing how someone created it on screen but it's definitely on my to-do list.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away, just in case you're wanting to read/watch and haven't yet but to give you an idea. Nick & Amy Dunne are a married couple and on their fifth wedding anniversary, Amy goes missing and Nick is the prime suspect. Cue lots of suspense, accusations and secrets coming to light. The plot is beautifully sewn together; no loose ends, all possible plot holes neatly strung together. 

I'm not sure what genre Gone Girl falls under, as it's not exactly crime... maybe crime drama? It is a good read however it is a slow burner. I definitely had to work at making myself read through to about the second half before I was hooked.

Gone Girl is a brilliant book but if you're put off by books that are slow to get into or you want to get hooked right away, I'd maybe recommend borrowing the book from a friend or a library first before you go out and buy it but that doesn't take away from the fact it's an amazing book and will definitely be one I'll be recommending for a while.

Have you read Gone Girl? What did you think?

Thanks for reading,

Rachael x

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Gone Girl was one of the best books I've ever read! However, I think film is too boring. If I watched it before reading original story, then I'd never ever grab a copy of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the book, too! Interesting about the film, though. I think I'll still give it a watch but I don't have high hopes! x

      Delete