Thursday, 19 November 2015

My Autumn Makeup

beauty, makeup, face of the day, FOTD, make up of the day, MOTD, Benefit, Revlon, Barry M, beautyuk, Real Techniques, BB, Eyeko

Autumn is the time of year where the season really changes and that generally applies to fashion and beauty. I have to admit, I'm one of these people whose makeup doesn't really change year round and that's fine. There are no rules when it comes to makeup and I'm a big believer in doing what looks and feels right to you.

I generally leave my skin clear of makeup unless I'm start work a bit later or I'm going out purely because I'm lazy and would rather spend those extra 10 minutes in bed than putting my 'face' on, so this reflects that and it's very simplistic.


For my base I used the AVON Ideal Flawless Matte Mousse in Ivory before using AVON Ideal Flawless Creamy Concealer in Fair (which is absolutely amazeballs, by the way) under my eyes and on any imperfections and applied both with my fingers. To give my face a bit of colour and to subtly contour, I applied Benefit Hoola Bronzer just under my cheek bones using Real Techniques Contour brush before choosing Bourjois blush in Rose Frisson and poping that on the apples of my cheeks with the RT Blush brush. To finish, I chose Emite BB Highlighting Pen in Coco along the tops of my cheek bones, down my nose and on my cupids bow.


Autumnal makeup, face of the day, beauty, makeup, makeup look

On my brows, I used the beautyuk High Brow kit using the darker brown to give my brows shape before filling them in with AVON Glimmerstick Brow Pencil in Dark Brown. I put Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lids before turning to the Barry M Natural Glow 2 palette (read my review) and using the cream shade as a base before applying matte mauve all over with the RT Deluxe Crease brush. Using the RT Duo Fibre Eye brush, I ran the shimmery mauve through the crease before using the shimmery brown/purple in the outer crease more definition. I then lined my eyes with Eyeko Skinny Liquid liner before using AVON Supershock Gel Liner in my waterline. Lastly, I used AVON Infinitize Mascara to lengthen and thicken my lashes.

To finish the look, I used Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Elusive, which is a lovely soft pink, on my lips. Not a particularly Autumnal colour but it's one of my favourites and, though it's matte, there's no tugging and it's not at all drying.

I'd love to know what you think of this look. I'm hoping to build up my confidence and start wearing bolder looks with red lips, so we'll see how things go!

Thanks for reading,

Rachael

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment