Saturday, 7 November 2015

My Pregnancy Experience So Far

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! I haven't been feeling the greatest over the last few days and it reminded me that I haven't blogged on here about my pregnancy yet! I'm currently 22 weeks and a day while I write this on Thursday so every Wednesday is the start of a new growth period for baby (who we call Squidge, fyi)! 

Rob and I have always talked about having kids and it was last December we decided it was time for me to come off my contraception and for us to start officially trying. I had been on the implant before and was told my fertility could come back right away or could take 12 months to regulate. Luckily for us, we found out we were pregnant on the 20/06/15 this year and, to be honest, even though that was the moment we had been gearing towards for months it just didn't seem real (cue me insisting we get a ClearBlue test to confirm so I didn't get my hopes up). 



The first few weeks were so nice, I didn't really feel any different bar sore boobs and then boom! hit with severe morning sickness out of no where. My Mum and Nana didn't suffer from morning sickness so it was definitely a shock for me to have it, let alone be so bad. I ended up having to take two months of work as it was constant and my GP diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum which is basically a fancy way of saying severe morning sickness. This caused me to be dehydrated and I was very close to having to get a drip but didn't have to in the end, thankfully! I was given tablets for the sickness and while they don't fix everything, they definitely made it more manageable.

I've finally gotten to the stage where I feel okay most of the time and I can finally start enjoying things and on 04/10/15 we felt Squidge move for the first time! It was the most surreal moment ever; I can't even describe it. Now we feel Squidge move all the time and it's the most comforting thing ever - a literal inner reminder that, while I may feel like crap, it's all worth it! We also found out at our 20 week scan that we are having a baby girl! We are hoping to get a private scan as well, to confirm and just to have another chance to see her again. We do have a name picked out for her (plus a name for a boy, just in case) but we're keeping that to ourselves and will announce it once she is here.

Sorry this post was a bit rambley, I just wanted to get all my thoughts out while they were flowing. I will hopefully do more indepth weekly posts with details on weights, cravings, that sort of thing and possibly even some bump pics if that's something you guys would be interested in seeing? Let me know in the comments below!

Tell me about your pregnancy experiences! Did you suffer from bad morning sickness?

Thanks for reading,

Rachael x

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment