Monday, 21 December 2015

MY FAVOURITE SHADES FROM URBAN DECAY BOOK OF SHADOWS IV

I was going through my makeup the other day and found my Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV palette which I haven't looked at in a while now as, lately, I've been going back to my Barry M Natural Glow 2 palette and I honestly forgot how lovely some of the shades are! My only issue with the BoS palette is the fact I only use 7 shades and the palette itself isn't exactly compact; it's a big cardboard box, albeit a very pretty cardboard box, and it takes up a lot of room. So, I decided to de-pot the shades I use the most.


As you can probably tell from the image above, there was a bit of damage to some of the shadows while I was de-potting but thankfully, they seem to be mostly intact. I have a serious love for Urban Decay eyeshadows, the colour pay off is always amazing, whether you use a primer or not. My favourite eyeshadows are always natural and neutral shades and this is definitely reflected in the shades I chose to keep. The BoS palette did have a nice variety of shades from neutrals to greens and purples but I'm honestly not that adventurous when it comes to my makeup, despite trying to grow my confidence.

The eyeshadow I decided to keep are Zephyr, Skimp, Missionairy, Bust, Midnight Cowgirl, Sin and Midnight Rodeo all perfect shades for a natural smokey eye with a decent range of matte, satin and shimmery shades and all of them are beautifully creamy. I'm considering using these shadows for a New Years Eye makeup look - let me know if that's something you would be interested in!

What are some of your favourite Urban Decay eyeshadows?

Thanks for reading,

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment