Saturday, 19 December 2015

NIVEA DAILY ESSENTIALS MICELLAR WATERS REVIEW

Hi guys, I hope you're all well. Skincare is a big love of mine and I love to try anything new to see how it might affect my skin. I do tend to stick to lower end products, unless I can splash out on something a bit more high end that I know will last a while. Micellar Water is something that took the beauty world by storm and you can buy micellar waters from basically any and all brands because they're simple but effective.

I've tried a few different micellar waters so I was excited to try the new Nivea Daily Essentials Micellar Waters*. I was sent the Caring, Sensitive Caring and Gentle Caring waters, all specifically for different skin types. For reference, I have combination skin; oily across my nose and chin, normal on my cheeks and oily and dry on my forehead. These are typical Micellar Waters as they cleanse the skin and can be used to remove makeup but they all have the added benefit of being moisturising too, ensuring they're not stripping your skin of anything essential.


beauty, review, NIVEA, NIVEA Daily Essentials Micellar Waters, caring, gentle caring, sensitive caring, skincare,

If you're unsure what makes micellar water so special and effective, it's because of the molecules in it that are both water loving and fat loving and that's why they're so effective at cleansing and removing makeup. The combination removes water soluble dirt and water insoluble impurities while not effecting the skins natural barrier.

Nivea Daily Essentials Caring Micellar Water has been designed for those with normal skin and contains vitamin E which has antioxidant properties. This is personally the micellar water I have been using the most, as it seems to balance my combination skin quite well without aggravating the oilier or drier areas.

Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Caring Micellar Water has been designed for those with sensitive skin and helps to reduce signs of sensitive skin including dryness, redness and tightness. This contains grape seed oil and pro-vitamin B5 to reduce tightness and dryness so your skin is left supple. This is brilliant for me when my skin is particularly red; as I'm very pale, redness can be a big problem for me and I do see a reduction in how red my skin is.


Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Garing Micellar Water is for those with dry skin and is enriched with almond oil to effectively nourish and protect your skin. This is great for this time of the year when, no matter what your skin type, you might need an extra hit of moisture and protection. I find this is really useful for me on no makeup days when I want to give my skin a bit of breather.


These are great cleansers but they don't replace my other cleansers; I still like a really deep clean every few days and a good ol' scrub but in between times this is perfect. I can see a visible difference in my skin when using this and it really does seem to pick up every last bit of nastiness on my face. This is perfect as a toner for when I do use my other cleansers and really makes me skin feel properly clean. These are a great at removing makeup, too but I still resort to my Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Makeup Remover for mascara which doesn't seem to want to budge for anything.

These micellar waters are available from all major retailers and cost £3.99. You can buy them online direct from Nivea.


Have you tried any of Nivea's Micellar Waters?


Thanks for reading,


Rachael


Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment