Friday, 18 December 2015

One Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! Sorry I've been quiet over the last week; I had lots going on with Squidge and didn't really have the time (or the concentration) to sit and write anything up. I haven't posted a 'proper' recipe posts, as such. I've blogged about Betty Crocker recipes before but nothing that we've done ourselves so this is officially the first proper recipe post here on Fizzpoppers.

I wish I could say I am the one who makes all these delicious meals but I'm not; it's all made by Rob who is 10 times more competent and confident with food. I can just about make beans and toast! So, while I can take credit for the words and images here, hats off to Rob for making yummy food and putting up my slightly picky eating habits. 



One Pot Chicken Alfredo, recipe, lifestyle post, lifestyle, food, food bloggers, pasta dish, finished product


This recipe is for One Pot Chicken Alfredo and it's amazing! It's incredibly easy to make (it's something I could probably do with supervision haha) and doesn't include a whole lot of ingredients either. It can be made without the meat ingredients if you're vegetarian and I personally prefer it without but, of course, tweak things to how you want.


What you will need:


- Penne pasta (or another type of pasta)

- Double cream 

- Chicken stock (vegetable stock should work, too)

- Crushed or chopped garlic (a couple of cloves)
- Chicken breast
- Grated cheese (parmesan is recommended but we use cheddar if we have nothing else)

We didn't use any particular amounts, we just sort of guessed how much we would need. We made enough for myself and Rob plus we had a serving left over which covered lunch the next day in work. 


One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe, recipe, chicken alfredo, food, foodblogger, lifestyle, step by step recipe


What you do next:



1) Get your chicken breasts (we used two) and chop them into friendly bite sized pieces before frying them (we cooked everything in our wok as we knew it would be a big portion!) in some oil until they are cooked through. Afterwards, add your chopped or crushed garlic and stir, so it's infused.



2) Once the chicken is cooked through, prepare your chicken stock (we boiled the kettle and used an Oxo cube) then add it to your pot with your chicken. Keep everything on a low to medium heat. 



3) Let everything rest together for a moment before adding double cream. Add however much you feel you need; we just went with trial and error and it worked out okay. 

4) Add your amount of pasta into your pan and stir occasionally. As everything cooks, the sauce will thicken and become less watery. 

5) Once you're happy the pasta is cooked and the sauce is thick enough for you, put the heat on low and sprinkle your grated cheese and mix 
everything together. 

Et voilĂ ! Your pasta is complete. You can obviously add your own garnish or herbs to the sauce as well but I promise you, this dish is delicious and so easy to make. It's one for the kids too as the flavours aren't too overpowering. 

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to see your pictures! 

Thanks for reading,

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment