Tuesday, 29 December 2015

TUMMY TUESDAY - 29 & 30 WEEKS PREGNANT UPDATE

Hi guys, I hope you're all well. I can't believe it's 2016 at the end of the week, where has the time gone? The New Year is also a big reminder that mid-January, Rob and I will have been living in our house for a year; it really feels like no time has passed since we moved. Of course the big thing for us this year will be having Squidge sometime in February/March (I'm due 2nd March but it will be interesting to see when she actually arrives) and it's all becoming very real now as we're getting her nursery all sorted.


How far along? As I'm writing this, I'm 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant. By the time you're reading this, I will have 9 weeks and 1 day to my due date.

Total weight gain: I have finally put on some weight! I am currently 68.9KG so have put on 2.1KG throughout my pregnancy - I started off 66.8KG before losing a lot of that, so I am really happy I've put weight on. I think this will be the only time I'm happy with weight gain, ha! 

Maternity clothes? My mother-in-law bought me a lovely New Look maternity top, which I'm wearing in the above pictures. It's so comfy and is brilliant for me as it's not too thick of a material so it regulates my temperature fairly well. I've also placed an order with New Look for a few of their maternity sale pieces, so I'll be sure to write a post on those when I get them.

Stretch marks? No! Still nothing, although I am expecting some to turn up soon considering these last weeks are when baby is supposed to pack on the pounds. If nothing then, I'm bound to have marks for when I (hopefully) lose the baby weight.

    Sleep: I am completely exhausted again.

Best moment this week: Of course, with it being Christmas on Friday, we got lots of little things for baby. Having a look at baby clothes was so exciting. Everything is so cute and my mind still boggles at how tiny the clothes are too! 

Miss anything? Being able to sit/stand/lie/do anything without my ribs hurting. This is really common apparently, in the third trimester because your lower ribs essentially move to make room for baby.

Food cravings: Nothing too much over the last week or so. I've had the odd craving here and there for a pizza from a local takeaway; the pizza has chicken tikka, green and red chillis, jalapenos, onions and peppers on it and now that I've thought about it, I'm dying for it!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Mushrooms... Disgusting. I wasn't a fan before I was pregnant but could cope with the smell. Apparently, I can't now. Rob made chicken chasseur in the slow cooker and put mushrooms in it and all I could smell was mushrooms. I felt so bad as he had put all that effort in but the smell literally made me sick!

Gender: Girl!

Labour signs: None. No braxton hicks or anything, either.

Symptoms: Exhausted, nausea, sore ribs, headaches, general discomfort...

Belly button in or out? In between, ha, a little in and a little out!

Wedding rings on or off: On :)

Happy or moody most of the time: With it being Christmas, I've of course been happy.

Looking forward to: My parentcraft classes which are held in a local GP surgery by community midwives. It's been booked since I was 20 weeks and has been a long time coming. It'll be great to get more information on what pain relief, etc, is available and have an idea of what labour is going to be like.

I hope you're enjoying these series! Please let me know if there are any specific pregnancy posts you would like to see here. If you're interested, you can read the rest of my pregnancy series.

Thanks for reading,

Rachael 

No comments:

Post a Comment